It is the policy of Nulton Diagnostic & Treatment Center, P.C. that all clients involved in services with the agency will have access to a formal grievance/complaint process. Nulton Diagnostic & Treatment Center, P.C. is devoted to the effective and fair resolution of all grievances/complaints. Clients shall freely be able to voice complaints and recommend changes without subject to coercion, discrimination, reprisal, or unreasonable interruption of care, treatment and services, Thus, all grievances/complaints will be thoroughly investigated and responded to within a reasonable time frame. Clients also have the right to file a complaint if there is a therapeutic issue between the client and clinician.
Clients are made aware of the grievance/complaints process at intake and are asked to sign off that they acknowledge and understand the process.
- All complaints filed will be investigated by the agency within 7 working days.
- During this 7-day period, the agency will perform a thorough investigation and determine a resolution for the grievance/complaint.
- If, after 7 working days, an acceptable resolution has not been found, or if the agency determines that it is necessary, a meeting with the complainant will be arranged.
- Following such a meeting, the agency will once again have 7 working days in which to investigate further as necessary, determine a proposed resolution, and to notify the aggrieved party of their decision. This decision is considered final. The results or outcome will be communicated to the individual served and/or their family member.
- All grievances/complaints will be kept on file at the agency.
- All information gathered from grievances/complaints will be considered annually when agency policies, procedures, and forms are reviewed, and related changes will be guided by the information therein.
Any clients who need to report instances of Medicaid fraud can do so by anonymously writing the Chief Compliance Officer, Jessica Hull at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly contacting the State’s Call to Action line at 1-800-932-0582. Other options are:
Any of the local Managed Care entities utilized by Nulton Diagnostic and Treatment Center (i.e., Magellan, CCBHO, PerformCare, etc.)
Department of Human Services
Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
Harrisburg Field Offices
P.O. Box 2675
Harrisburg, PA 17105