The goal of the REAHC Walk In Center is to make a positive difference in the lives of the individuals living with mental illness who reside in Cambria County through the coordination of supportive services for individuals and families seeking aid and intervention for individuals experiencing a mental health crisis or behavioral health emergency.
The REACH Walk In Center provides a variety of services, including counseling, support, and referrals to other resources, or other behavioral health services.
The REACH Walk In Center incorporates natural support to the crisis intervention process which helps strengthen the individual’s support network and increase their resilience during times of crisis.
We work collaboratively with natural supports to provide ongoing support and care, helping them to develop coping skills, and providing ongoing communication and support to ensure that the individual’s needs are met.
- Provide 24/7 Mobile Crisis Interventions services that align with the mission of the agency and to provide access to crisis intervention services to those seeking assistance. Crisis Intervention Services will also provide individuals with all available service options for which they may qualify so that individuals have a free choice of service providers.
- Exhaust opportunities for diversion from the local emergency departments
- Provide immediate response to individuals and families seeking mental health crisis intervention in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Provide competent, trained Crisis Intervention Workers and Agency leadership who will provide a warm handoff to community resources to include but not limited to human service provides, case management services, mental health services, and physical health providers.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of all community resources that are available to residents of Cambria County.
- Develop positive working relationships with key community partners that support individuals in crisis by identifying individuals’ needs, providing crisis resolution, referring to providers of choice, and integrating recovery in all aspects of the crisis assessment service. The emphasis on recovery focuses on assisting people to find support, hope, and healing in their daily recovery.
- Develop ease of access for police and mental health providers to the Crisis Intervention Service which includes immediate screening.
- Utilization of evidence-based assessments and best proactive procedures to provide a comprehensive assessment of child/adolescent, adult, older adult, and other identified populations.
Services are base upon the needs of individuals and incorporate self-help and other approaches which allow consumers to retain the greatest possible control over their own lives. REACH utilizes a consumer-centered and consumer-empowered approach which tailors the individual’s needs, focuses on preferences, and feedback of those in crisis which is critical to providing effective care.
Service providers are accountable to consumers and include individuals and families in planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluating services.