Our team of specialists provides a full range of counseling and mental health services for older adults living at home, in continuing care communities, at assisted living facilities or in nursing homes.
Each staff member is specially trained to identify, diagnose and treat psychological conditions that too often affect men and women as they age. With strong ties to the communities we serve, our team is also linking older adults and their families to local organizations that provide added support, including meal deliveries and the unique perspectives of peers who are on the road to recovery.
We’re also bringing more services to more seniors via interactive, real-time telemedicine technology. Videoteleconferencing capabilities have opened the door to a variety of mobile treatment options, including:
- Psychiatric and psychological evaluations
- Inpatient consultations
- Nursing home consultations and evaluations
- Individual and family therapy
- Case management
- Emergency evaluations
Contact us today for more information or to schedule a confidential consultation.
Anxiety and depression are two of the most common mental health conditions facing older adults. In fact, research indicates that more than 30% of nursing home residents struggle with clinical depression.
Loss of loved ones, the realities of the aging process, the inability to do the things you used to do and everyday loneliness are just some of factors that can lead to these treatable conditions. Other common conditions include:
- Behavioral concerns, including anti-social behavior or acting out
- Transition and adjustment issues stemming from a recent move
- Mood changes
For more information or to schedule a confidential consultation for you or a loved one, please contact us.
Our comprehensive team approach to diagnosis includes a complete psychological review and assessment that includes:
- Cognitive function testing, including memory evaluations
- Depression screening
- Socialization skills and opportunities for socialization
- Dementia screening
We also work with your family doctor to rule out any medical condition that could contribute to emotional distress.
In addition to office-based counseling, we are approved by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to provide mobile mental health treatment services at an individual’s home, as well as at nursing homes, assisted living communities and personal care facilities. Mobile services are also available to the mentally ill. Our mobile services include:
- Medication prescription and monitoring
- Individual and family counseling
- Case management
- Real-time teleconferencing capabilities with specialists at our offices and with Pittsburgh-based specialists
- Certified peer-to-peer support provided by adults who have struggled with and overcome mental illness or emotional disorders
- Social skills training
- Patient and family education
Contact us today for more information or to schedule a confidential appointment for you or your loved one.
Members of our team can answer any questions you may have about our older adult services. For more general information, please visit: